Every Friday morning, subscribers to the 60 Second Marketer e-newsletter get an email from me with a new tool, tip or technique designed to help them grow their sales and revenue.
Last week’s email received a lot of positive feedback, so I thought I’d share it with our blog readers in case they missed it.
Here’s Last Friday’s E-Newsletter:
Did you know that only 23% of first-time visitors to your website scroll down the home page?
That means 77% of your first-time visitors are missing important information if it’s located below the fold.
What This Means for You:
Try to put the most important information about your products or services towards the top of your website. If you don’t, the majority of first-time visitors will miss it and you may be missing opportunities to increase your revenue.
Here are Some Other Important Tips to Improve Your Website’s Usability:
- People instinctively look at faces on websites. (That’s why the 60 Second Marketer home page has photographs of people as part of our design.)
- Studies also find that if the faces in the photographs are looking at key headlines on the web page, your visitor’s eyes will navigate from the photograph of the face to the headline the face is looking at.
- A study by the Stanford Persuasive Tech Lab found that good, simple, crisp web design increases engagement and credibility.
- Other factors that influence credibility are: the quality of the website’s content, amount of errors, rate of updates, ease-of-use and trustworthiness of authors.
- Research by Nielsen Norman Group found that when a website is re-designed with a focus on usability, key business metrics increased by an average of 83%.
(Side note: If you’re interested in improving your website’s usability, you might want to investigate BKV’s iMap System. It’s not cheap, but if you’re a large company that relies on your website to drive revenue, it could be worth investigating.)
Additional Articles of Interest on the 60 Second Marketer Blog:
Sign Up for Our Next Social Mobile Roundtable Here:
Interested in learning more about social and mobile media in an engaging, upbeat online training session? We do the Social Mobile Roundtable on the first Thursday of every month. You can register for the March Social Mobile Roundtable by clicking the link below.
Get Posts Like These Delivered to Your In Box Each Morning:
If you like what you read in this blog post today, you can have these blog posts delivered to your in box each morning by clicking here. Or, you can sign up for our free weekly e-newsletter by clicking here.