Looking to boost where you show up on Google? If you want to increase your online traffic, it is important to find out how you can improve the page rank of your web pages.
Here are 6 free and easy ways to improve your Google Ranking:
- Conduct Keyword Research: Keywords play an important part in SEO, so make sure to research keywords to find what search phrases people are using to find your site’s info. Google offers Google Keyword Tool, which is a free tool that will give you a list of keywords and tell you how often they are used and their competition.
- Perform On-site optimization: There are several factors that search engines take into account when evaluating what your site is about and how relevant it is to a given search. On-site optimization might involve changes to navigation, content, information hierarchy, as well as keyword placement.
- Claim Google Places listings: The ability to optimize your Google Places listing is only possible once it is claimed and verified by the owner. It is a great way for you to control the information about your business. Make sure to be as detailed as possible by giving your complete phone number, address, business description, hours of operation, etc.
- Use WordPress: WordPress comes with several built in search optimization tools. Its features and functions guide a search engine through the posts, pages, and categories to help Google gather the information it needs to include your site within its database. You can find more information about this at WordPress.
- Utilize Back linking: Growing the quantity of external back links is the best method to get a higher ranking for your web page. Google observes a link on an external website like a vote for your website. This could include Directory Submissions, Social Bookmarking, Forum Posting, Classified Posting, etc.
- Write Great Content: If you write great content, people will want to link to it, particularly high quality websites. It is important to get the attention of popular bloggers and websites by leaving comments, writing guest posts, participating in forums, emailing directly, writing articles, etc. This will help with incoming links to grow your website organically over time.
While there are no magical solutions to instantaneously improve your Google rankings, there are certainly different methods that can help you with your search engine ranking goals over time. For more information, check out Mashable. Or, watch the 60 Second Marketer video below called “Google Wants to See You Naked.”
(Click here to watch the video on the 60 Second Marketer YouTube Channel.)
Brittney Leigh Smith is a marketing analyst for the 60 Second Marketer.