Are you interested in using Google to drive more visitors to your business? If so, then you’ll enjoy our new episode of On Air with Jamie Turner where we interview Michelle Scruggs from Google and discuss ways small- to mid-sized businesses can use Google to grow their sales and revenues.
Michelle covered a lot of ground in her interview, including some of these tips and techniques:
- Understanding Paid vs. Organic: One of the great things about Google is that you can use organic search to build visibility for your business for free. The more helpful and engaging your website, the higher it shows up in the rankings, so it’s a good idea to keep the content fresh and interesting. Alternatively, you might be interested in using paid search to drive traffic to your site. Paid search doesn’t always require a huge investment, which makes it perfect for businesses that have to watch every penny.
- Getting Started in Mobile: What’s the best way to get started in mobile? Michelle recommends visiting TheMobilePlaybook.com, a website created by Google to help businesses like yours get started in mobile. As with all things Google, the site is clean, easy-to-navigate and packed with useful tips and tools.
- Local Extensions: Have you ever conducted a search from your smartphone and noticed the small “Directions” and “Call” links at the bottom of the search listings? Those are called Local Extensions and Michelle talks about how to use those to drive traffic to your business in the interview below.
- No Minimums: One of the best things about Google is that it doesn’t require a huge budget to run a Google Adwords campaign. In fact, there are no minimums, so if you just want to spend $5 or $10 a day, that works out fine.
- Google Places and Google Offers: Michelle talks about Google Places and Google Offers in her interview, both of which are insanely easy to use and implement. If you’re a small, local business, you can use both these tools to drive more customers to your organization. Best of all, it doesn’t require a huge budget to get started.
We’ll be doing more episodes of On Air with Jamie Turner (which can also be seen on our YouTube channel), so stay tuned. For now, enjoy the segment below with Michelle Scruggs from Google.
Special thanks to ARKE+threesquared marketing communications for graciously providing the video production on this episode of On Air with Jamie Turner.
Jamie Turner is the Founder of the 60 Second Marketer and co-author of “How to Make Money with Social Media” and “Go Mobile.” He is also a popular marketing speaker at events, trade shows and corporations around the globe.