One of the biggest challenges people face with Twitter and Facebook is time management. With the flurry of tweets and posts floating around on any given day, it’s difficult to keep track of everything. Which is why we’ve compiled a list of the top tools you can use to manage your Facebook and Twitter accounts.
These are just some of the tools that are included in our free e-book called 83 Top Social Media and Mobile Marketing Tools for Small- to Mid-Sized Business, so if you haven’t had a chance to download the e-book, feel free to do so now.
To kick things off, let’s start with the list of the top Facebook management tools:
- Facebook Insights: This may seem a little obvious, but if you are managing a Facebook fan page, before you begin looking for more in-depth tools, make sure you check out your Facebook insights page to see how many people are participating, liking stories or leaving comments.
- Sysomos Facebook Page Central: Facebook Page Central offers auto-moderation, email notifications of posts, a dashboard monitoring key metrics and sentiment, and identification of top fans and themes.
- Vitrue: Vitrue helps you moderate the comments on your Facebook page, send targeted messages to people who have “liked” your company and more.
- mediafeedia: This free service helps you schedule posts, manage multiple accounts, set admins, create custom tabs and notifies you by email of activity on your fan page.
- NorthSocial: Interested in supercharging your Facebook page with apps and promotions that help drive more traffic? Then you’ll want to check out NorthSocial, a powerful tool that can take your Facebook promotions to the next level.
And here are the tools you’ll want to investigate for your Twitter account:
- Backtweets: A tool dedicated solely to Twitter, BackTweets provides reach and impressions stats, alerts you whenever someone tweets a link to your website, identifies influencers and integrates with Google Analytics to see how Twitter activity is affecting your website traffic.
- BrandChirp: This service makes it easy to find the people you should be following. You can search for new followers by location, who they are following and keywords that they have recently tweeted about.
- Buffer: Have you seen the Buffer sharing tool at the bottom of the 60 Second Marketer blog posts? Their tool allows you to schedule Tweets far out in advance. So, if you do a lot of your reading in the morning, but want to share with your followers throughout the day, you’d schedule your Tweets using Buffer.
- SocialOomph: Social Oomph may not have the sexiest interface, but it allows you to automatically follow those who follow you and allows you to send direct messages automatically to new followers. Though this is essentially a Twitter tool, it works with Facebook, LinkedIn and other platforms as well.
That should be enough to get you going on Facebook and Twitter. Don’t forget to download 83 Top Social Media and Mobile Mobile Marketing Tools for Small- to Mid-Sized Business — it’s Gluten Free!
Also, if we missed any of your favorite tools, let us know about them in the comments section below.
Jamie Turner is the Founder of the 60 Second Marketer and co-author of “How to Make Money with Social Media” and “Go Mobile.” He is also a popular marketing speaker at events, trade shows and corporations around the globe.