If you’re reading this, you’re probably interested in writing a guest post for members of the 60 Second Marketer community around the globe. We’re glad you’re here.
Here are a few tips to get you going.
First things first — if you’re not an experienced, seasoned writer, we won’t be a good candidate for your guest post
Our readers are sophisticated marketers who expect top-quality posts written by seasoned executives. So please only submit your very best and most insightful work written in perfect English.
Here’s some additional information to point you in the right direction:
People reading your article should think “This article was written specifically for me.”
With that in mind, our guest posts focus on a specific industry or business segment. In other words, your article should provide tips and techniques for a hyper-targeted business segment.
Here are some examples of the kinds of headlines we’re looking for:
- 3 Surprising Ways Restaurants Are Using Facebook Live to Aquire More Guests.
- You’ll be Amazed How This Resort Hotel Uses Instagram to Get New Visitors.
- If You’re Under 30, You’ll Understand Why These YouTube Videos Work Like Crazy.
- 5 Things Every Entrepreneur Should Know About LinkedIn.
- These 7 Small Business Owners are Killing it on Social Media.
- Why Most Fortune 500 Companies Have the Wrong Idea about Digital Marketing.
- What Every Business Consultant Needs to Know About Nonlinear Marketing.
You’ll notice that the formula we’re using above hyper-targets an industry or business segment, and provides clarity on the tool or technique being written about in the article.
A few final points
Guest posts run about 750 to 1,000 words.
We only accept original content.
Spend extra time on your crossheads. Don’t just write “Most logos are blue.” Instead, include information in the crosshead so that it moves the ball forward. “57% of all logos are blue. Here’s why,” is much better than “Most logos are blue.”
Requirement: Your guest post needs to include a graphic that provides data that supports your premise. Visit Statista.com or MarketingCharts.com for great statistics. Be sure to link back, the way we’ve done below.
Please don’t write a post that’s essentially an ad for your product or service. Those posts get rejected. (Side Note: If you are interested in advertising to the readers of the 60 Second Marketer e-newsletter, you can read this page to get more information about our sponsored email or sponsored content programs.)
Finally, please use a conversational style in your copy. Imagine you’re talking to a friend over lunch.
Here’s a checklist to be sure you’ve got everything you need
- A headline that addresses a specific target segment (see examples above)
- Your guest post (750 to 1,000 words)
- At least one graphic with data that supports your premise
- A conversational writing style that speaks to intermediate to advanced marketers around the globe
- A short, 40-word-ish bio with links back to your site
Where we’ll share your article.
Your guest post will be shared on the 60 Second Marketer, a website that has hundreds of thousands of readers each year. We’ll also distribute it via LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and our e-newsletter.
Thanks again for stopping by. When you’re ready to submit a post for consideration, just email it to us and we’ll take it from there.