If you’re reading this, you’re probably interested in writing a guest post for members of the 60 Second Marketer community around the globe. We’re glad you’re here.
Here are a few tips to get you going.
First things first — if you’re not a seasoned writer, this may not be the place for you
Our readers are sophisticated marketers who expect top-quality posts when they visit our website. So please only submit your very best and most insightful work written in perfect English.
Here’s some additional information to point you in the right direction:
We’re not looking for posts such as “10 Ways to Use Snapchat” or “The Best times of Day to Schedule Social Media Posts.” Instead, we’re looking for seasoned insights into what’s working in marketing.
Here are some examples of the kinds of articles we’re looking for:
- Is Facebook Live Going to be a Flash in the Pan? Here’s Our Take.
- What Marketers Should Know About (fill in the blank).
- Digital Marketing: Who is Getting it Right. And Who is Getting it Wrong.
- How to Make Sense of Digital Marketing.
- What Comes After Social and Mobile? We Have the Answer.
- The Most Common Myths About Digital Marketing.
A few final points
Guest posts run about 750 to 1,000 words.
We only accept original content.
Spend extra time on your crossheads. Don’t just write “Most logos are blue.” Instead, include information in the crosshead so that moves the ball forward. “57% of all logos are blue. Here’s why.” is much better than “Most logos are blue.”
Requirement: Your guest post needs to include a graphic that provides data that supports your premise. Visit Statista.com or MarketingCharts.com for great statistics. Be sure to link back, the way we’ve done below.
Please don’t write a post that’s essentially an ad for your product or service. Those posts get rejected. (Side Note: If you are interested in advertising to the readers of the 60 Second Marketer e-newsletter, you can read this page to get more information about our sponsored email or sponsored content programs.)
Finally, please use a conversational style in your copy. Imagine you’re talking to a friend over lunch.
Here’s a checklist to be sure you’ve got everything you need
- Your guest post (750 to 1,000 words)
- At least one graphic with data that supports your premise
- A conversational writing style that speaks to intermediate to advanced marketers around the globe
- A short, 40-word-ish bio with links back to your site
Where we’ll share your article.
Your guest post will be shared on the 60 Second Marketer, a website that has hundreds of thousands of readers each year. We’ll also distribute it via LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and our e-newsletter.
Thanks again for stopping by. When you’re ready to submit a post for consideration, just email it to us and we’ll take it from there.