Two years ago, I was at a social media event where a lot of the conversation revolved around podcasting and how it was getting ready to explode.
To be honest, I was a bit skeptical about yet another sliver bullet. After all, in 2011, everybody was talking about getting into Friendster. In 2012, they were talking about getting into Flickr. And in 2013, it was was all about using Digg and Delicious to grow your following.
As a Result, I Sat on the Sidelines When it Came to Podcasting, Which Was a Mistake.
As it turns out, my friends who were all over podcasting a few years ago were really on to something, which is why I’m launching The Jamie Turner Show, a podcast that features interviews with some of the world’s most successful people.
What did my friends know about podcasting that I didn’t? Here are a few facts to get you started:
- Scale: An estimated 39 million Americans have listened to a podcast in the past month. (Source: Edison Research)
- Share: Podcasts are the second most listened to audio source. Only AM/FM radio has more share of listeners. (25.9% listening to podcasts vs. 27.5% listening to AM/FM radio.)
- Frequency: One in four podcast consumers plug their MP3 players or smartphones into their car audio system nearly every day.
- Connectivity: 50% of new cars sold in the U.S. will have internet connectivity by next year. By 2025, all cars sold will have internet connectivity.
- Opportunity: There are about 30 million active blogs on the internet, but only about 250,000 active podcasts
The bottom line is that podcasting is coming on strong and it looks as though it’s here to stay.
With that in mind, I’d like to encourage you to check out my new podcast.
Here are just some of the interesting interviews we’ve had so far along with the topics we covered:
- Dave Kerpen on Social Media for SMBs: If you can imagine being a reality TV star, a New York Times bestselling author, and the CEO and Chairman of your company, then you can imaging what it’s like to be Dave Kerpen. Find out how Dave went from being baseball park hotdog salesman to being one of the most followed people in social media today. (Listen on iTunes or Stitcher)
- Viveka von Rossen on LinkedIn: Viveka is a member of the Forbes Top 50 Most Influential People in Social Media. In our wide-ranging interview, we cover everything from how you can use LinkedIn to grow your business to why she’s not angry at her parents for giving her such an exotic name. (Listen on iTunes or Stitcher)
- Ian Cleary on Social Media Tools: Ian is one of the most influential social media bloggers on the planet, but you’d never know it because he’s also one of the most down-to-earth people on the planet. If you want to learn about how he became a social media rockstar, check out his interview. (Listen on iTunes or Stitcher)
- Andrea Vahl on Facebook: Andrea is the co-author of Facebook Marketing All-in-One for Dummies and shares her secrets on how to use Facebook to build awareness and drive visits to your website. She’s also the founder of Social Media Manager School, an online training course that helps people learn how to start their own business as a social media manager. (Listen on iTunes or Stitcher)
- Dr. Wendy Walsh on Social Media Branding: Dr. Walsh is a CNN, Today Show and Fox News contributor who shares her journey from single motherhood to social and traditional media superstar. We cover a lot of ground in this interview, so fasten your seat belts. (Listen on iTunes or Stitcher)
I would be flattered and honored if you would visit iTunes or Stitcher to check out the show. Can you do me a favor while you’re there? If you like what you hear, please subscribe to the show and leave a comment. Everyone who writes a comment and rates the show will be entered into a drawing to win a free autographed copy of my latest book.
Thanks for giving The Jamie Turner Show some consideration. And stay tuned for future episodes!
Jamie Turner is the CEO of the 60 Second Marketer and 60 Second Communications, an Atlanta-based advertising agency and digital marketing firm that works with national and international brands. He is the co-author of “How to Make Money with Social Media” and “Go Mobile” and is a popular marketing speaker at events, trade shows and corporations around the globe. You can listen to The Jamie Turner Show podcast by visiting iTunes or Stitcher.