The 60 Second Marketer is a website visited by hundreds of thousands of executives around the globe. Our readers are seasoned marketers who are interested reading about marketing experiments and tests that can help them grow their business.
If you’d like to write for us, here are a few tips to get you going.
First things first — if you’re not an experienced, seasoned writer, we won’t be a good candidate for your guest post
Our readers are sophisticated marketers who expect in-depth, top-quality posts written by seasoned executives. So please only submit your very best and most insightful work written in American English.
People reading your article should think “This article was written specifically for me”
They should also think “This isn’t a ‘tips and tricks’ post that can be found on other blogs. Instead, this post provides insider techniques based on a test, an experiment, or research that was conducted by a seasoned marketer.”
Your article should include 3 to 5 graphs or visuals that highlight the key points you’re trying to make
Here are some examples of the kinds of graphs and visuals that we’re looking for.
Please remember, if your post doesn’t include 3 to 5 graphics that support your premise, it will not published by the 60 Second Marketer.
What kind of articles do our readers enjoy? Here are some examples:
- The Surprising Lessons We Learned When We Ran an A/B Split Test on Facebook.
- How We Increased Our Conversions 15% by Making One Simple Change to Our Landing Pages.
- You’ve Been Doing SEO All Wrong. And We Have the Test Results to Prove it.
- Lessons Learned When We Ran an Ad Campaign on Instagram.
- What Works Better for SEO — Short Blog Posts or Long Blog Posts? Here’s the Surprising Answer.
- We Didn’t Expect These Results When We Tested Our Social Media Ad Campaign.
- What We Learned About Social Media Dashboards When We Compared 3 of Them.
You’ll notice that the formula we’re using above always talks about the results of a test or of research into the science of marketing.
Guest posts must be 750 words or more
We only accept guest posts that are 750 words or more and include 3 to 5 images and graphics that enhance the content. (Please do not submit articles without 3 to 5 images or graphics since those will be declined.)
Please note: We only accept original content. We do not accept content that has been published on other sites. No exceptions.
Here are a few final tips to get you started:
Spend extra time on your crossheads. Don’t just write “Most logos are blue.” Instead, include information in the crosshead so that it moves the ball forward. “57% of all logos are blue. Here’s why,” is much better than “Most logos are blue.”
Image requirements: Your guest post needs to include 3 to 5 images or charts that enhance the content. Visit Statista.com or MarketingCharts.com for great statistics that can be used in your article. Be sure to link back, the way we’ve done below.
In addition to charts like the one above, your guest post should also include images designed to highlight key points in the copy.
Here’s an example from one of our previous posts.
Finally, please use a conversational style in your copy. Imagine you’re talking to a friend over lunch.
Here’s a checklist to be sure you’ve got everything you need
- Your guest post (more than 750 words) delivered via Word document or Google document
- 3 to 5 graphics or images that support your premise
- A conversational writing style that speaks to intermediate to advanced marketers around the globe
- A short, 40-word-ish “About the Author” bio at the end of the post with links back to your site
Where we’ll share your article
Your guest post will be shared on the 60 Second Marketer, a website that has hundreds of thousands of readers each year. We’ll also distribute it via LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and our e-newsletter.
Thanks again for stopping by. When you’re ready to submit a post for consideration, just email it to us and we’ll take it from there.