As we discussed last week from a B2B standpoint, sales is the number one question in social media. How do we drive sales? How can we inspire people to interact with our brands on an e-commerce basis, and not just from a social perspective? Well, this infographic from Shopify sheds a bit of light on how to best utilize different platforms to actually sell products and services by looking at which ones get the best results. Here are the key points:
- Facebook serves up the vast majority of web visits.
- In-platform orders were led by Facebook, though reddit is growing more quickly.
- Polyvore users actually spend the most money per transaction, with Instagram coming in 2nd.
- Facebook offered the highest conversion rate, though it was followed by video-only platforms.
- Pinterest drove more sales to apparel, while other platforms gave success to more diverse product pools.